Architecture
After the tornadoes of 1974, the Alexander Bradford House underwent a series of preservation and stabilization measures.  The following is from the "Architectural Description of the Alexander Bradford House" written as a Supplement to Plans for the Stabilization of the Alexander Bradford House prepared by Don W. Jeffers, Architect, Frankfort, Kentucky. This is an in-depth decription of the house.
The former residence of Alexander Bradford and family is situated slightly to the Southwest of the center of a lot approximately 3 1/2 to 4 acres in size at the Northeast corner of the intersection of Locust Fork Road and Main Street in Stamping Ground, Kentucky.
The unpretentious brick and frame structure has undergone numerous additions and alterations and at present consists of nine finished interior spaces, seven on the first floor and two on the second level.
The earliest portions of the structure are located at the front(South) area of the house facing Main Street. The Southeast room(Room 101) is of brick bearing wall construction, on dry stone foundation and is one story in height. The floor joist are squared logs. The flooring is ash and pine(replacement of original). The ceiling joists and roof rafters are hand-hewn cedar and locust. The roof decking is spaced 3/4" yellow poplar boards ranging in widths of 5" to 18". The original rood was of cedar shingles, 5" x 22"-24". The current roofing is asphalt shingles. The walls and ceiling of the room were finished with hair plaster, whitewashed initially and papered in the early 1900's.
The original main entrance to the room was provided by a large(3'6" x 6"4") door with sidelights and transom, , located in the center of the South wall. No photographs or eye-witness accounts of the door currently exist, and the description is derived solely from the proportions of the closed opening and the observations of the architect regarding formal entrances contemporary to the period of construction.
The door in the Southwest corner of the brick room leading into the entrance hall(Room 102) is a two panel Greek Revival door and is the only one of its kind in the entire structure.
The center entrance hall(Room 102) and Southwest room(Parlor 103) are frame construction resting atop a dry stone foundation. The area below the parlor is excavated to a depth of seven feet below the first floor level. Access is afforded by a stone bulkhead located adjacent to the stone chimney in the West wall. The flood is earth.
Floor joists of the two rooms are logs of locust and cedar, squared on the top. Flooring is tongue and grooved ash, approximately 6" in width. Walls are 3" x 4" band sawn and hand hewn members sheathed on the exterior with 5" beveled wood siding. The interior wall and ceiling surfaces are hair plaster, initially white-washed and later papered in the early 1900's. Doors are six-panel modern. The trim is of the late Georgian period.
The major focal point of the parlor is a massive stone fireplace centered on the West wall. The original "Adams" mantel is damaged but intact.
The ceiling joists are hand hewn cedar and locust as are the roof rafters. The rooms 201 and 202 on the second floor above the entrance hall and parlor are afforded access by a corner stair of late Georgian design in the rear of the entrance hall. The floors are wide ash boards. The original beaded baseboard is intact throughout. The walls and ceilings are hair plaster. Light and ventilation are provided by two small dormer windows, one in each room, and a floor level window in the West Wall of Room 202. The original roof was cedar shingles. The present roof is asphalt shingles.
A former stone fireplace in the West wall of Room 202 was removed when the upper portion of the stone chimney was re-built prior to 1910. The original brick hearth was removed a replaced with maple flooring.
The original wood entrance stoops for the brick room and the central entrance hall were removed prior to the 1900's. A wide wood porch replaced those and served only the center entrance hall. The second porch is shown in a 1916 photograph, the oldest visual record available. The present front porch is a 5" concrete slab supported on wet stone foundation. The porch is scheduled for removal by the owner in the near future.
Nails throughout the front room of the residence are machined nails of the early 1800's.
All of the windows of the original structure were removed and replaced with larger sash in the Victorian era.
Apparently a one-story, six foot wide porch ran across the entire length of the rear of the frame structure as evidenced by the cantilevering of the second level floor floor joists and roof rafters.
The Northwest room(Room 104) located to the rear of the parlor was added in the late 1800's. The frame walls rest on square cedar log foundations, badly deteriorated from insects and exposure to ground water. The floor joists are band-sawn 2" x 10". The flooring is 4" maple strip. The focal point of the room is a small cast-iron Victorian fireplace on the East wall. Walls are hair plaster. The original plaster ceiling has been recently replaced with 4' x 8" particle board panels, now deteriorated from exposure to moisture.
Adjoining Room 104 in the East and situated to the rear of the central entrance hall is a large(12' x 12") bathroom. The deteriorated modern wood floor joists and flooring along with the drywall and ceiling surfaces have been removed in recent demolition.
The rear fame ell contains a kitchen, dining room, concrete porch and small storage room opening onto the porch. The ell abuts the front brick room, the exterior walls of which were original whitewashed and later plastered.
All of the wood framing is mill sized circular-sawn members. Flooring in the kitchen and storage room is random width yellow poplar ranging from 4" to 16" in width. Framing nails are modern cut nails.
Trim nails are modern wire nails. Interior walls of the ell were originally plaster on sawn oak lath. Ceilings were initially beaded wood "box-car" siding. The floors, walls, and ceilings were altered in 1964, being replaced with 4"  pine flooring(concrete on porch floor) and drywall for the walls and ceilings. The "box-Car" siding on the ceilings of the dining room(108) and porch(109) along with the poplar floor of the kitchen(107) were all that was spared.
The roof of the rear frame ell never had cedar shingles. The now vacant nail holes in the wood decking indicate the possible presence of tin roofing, first place on the house in the early 1900's and illustrated in a 1916 photograph. The current roofing is asphalt shingles.
All visual appearances indicate that the frame ell was constructed in the early 1900's.
At this writing, none of the original out-buildings have been located. Investigation of the site is scheduled for the near future by the staff archaeologist of the Kentucky Heritage Commission.